PRS Guitars Announces New John Mayer Signature Model: The Silver Sky
JW Music is pleased to announce that we have ordered and will receiving soon the brand new PRS Silver Sky guitar that is the result of a close collaboration between Grammy Award-winning musician John Mayer and Paul Reed Smith. More than two and half years in the making, the Silver Sky is a vintage-inspired instrument that is both familiar and uniquely PRS.
We currently have one Tungsten model on order and arriving soon! Be the first to own and play this brand new guitar!
All models are $2,299.00 and we are taking special orders for all other models!
"It's been a dream of mine for years to design a guitar that includes some of my favorite vintage specifications but with a modern spirit and aesthetic. After two years of study and refinement, the Silver Sky is my vision of what a reboot of the electric guitar should look and feel like," said John Mayer.
Some of the more distinctive specifications include:
- "Reverse" PRS trademark headstock shape
- vintage-style tuners with PRS's locking design
- a 25.5" scale length bolt-on maple neck with Mayer's signature 635JM carve, 7.25" fretboard radius
- a steel PRS tremolo bridge with PRS trem arm, saddles, and Gen-III knife-edge screws
- a trio of special PRS 635JM single-coil pickups, and precision-tuned electronics.
Other high-quality specifications include:
- a bone nut
- a curved molded metal jack plate that makes plugging and unplugging a guitar cable hassle-free
- retooled knobs
- fretwire that is slightly smaller than what you'd find on most PRS electric guitars (but larger than most vintage frets)
- PRS's double action truss rod (accessible from the front of the headstock for ease of use).
"Everything about this guitar has to work. It has to play in tune, stay in tune, not buzz, sound beautiful, have very good signal to noise ratio, and feel familiar and comfortable. By paying attention to all the details, we were able to create an instrument that John is very pleased with and that we are very proud of," Paul Reed Smith, PRS Guitars Founder.
The Silver Sky comes in four colors (see photos included in this post!) with distinctive accents on PRS's trademark lower horn scoop.