Private music instruction can help you nurture a long-term affair with your musical instrument, regardless of age, experience, or musical style. JW Music provides its customers with quality instruction that focuses on the musical needs and interests of students. Instruction at JW Music consists of musical theory and technique, from beginner to advanced levels, on guitar, bass, drums, selected folk instruments, piano, strings, and various band instruments.
Please call the store to discuss your needs, check current bookings, and schedule lessons with our knowledgeable staff.
ADVANTAGES OF THE JW MUSIC LESSON PROGRAM
• Professional instruction is available for a wide selection of musical instruments.
• Convenient ½ hour time slots available, Monday through Saturday, to fit your schedule.
• Monthly tuition makes financing and scheduling straightforward.
• Two locations, in Carlisle and Lemoyne, are available to serve you.
• Instrument and accessories sales to support your instruction.
• Knowledgeable staff willing to assist you every step of the way.
LESSON POLICY FOR TUITION-BASED PROGRAM
• Lessons are $88.00 - $100.00 per month (payment due at the beginning of the month).
• A $10.00 late fee will be applied to the regular payment if payment is not received before the second lesson.
• Once signed up, lessons must start right away. For example, signing up and not starting for a month is not permitted unless you want to pay for the time slot.
• Payment must be made when lessons are booked.
Musical instrument lessons at JW Music are private lessons that are held once per week for half an hour. Lesson
scheduling is done by the store.
Lesson sign-up can be done in the store or over the phone. Initial payments for lessons will occur during sign-up.
Lessons are a flat rate of $88.00 to $100.00 per month, with payment due by the first lesson of the month. The tuition is for four lessons; one half an hour lesson per week, scheduled at the same time per week. Some months may have fewer than four lessons due to holidays. Those months would have a smaller payment, pro-rated for the number of lessons in that month ($66.00 to $75.00 for 3 lessons, $44.00 to $50.00 for 2 lessons, etc.).
Teachers will communicate to students the number of lessons available for a particular month. Otherwise, please call the store if you are unsure about the number of lessons for a particular month or the amount owed. Payment is due by the first available lesson of the month. If no payment is made by the second available lesson of the month,a $10.00 late fee will be added to the regular payment. If you can’t make it into the store to make a payment, you can give a check to the teacher, mail a check to JW Music, or call in a credit card. For those of you who would pay via mail or give payment to the teacher, it is advisable to call the store periodically to double-check the amount of payment. There are no refunds or credits for unused lessons after quitting in the middle of the month.
If a student cannot make it to their lesson, please call to notify the store of the cancellation, leaving a message if necessary. Students should inform their teacher of any planned lesson cancellations (i.e. vacations, etc.) in advance. There are no credits or make-ups for missed lessons.
If the store cancels a lesson (i.e. inclement weather, instructor illness), the student will be contacted and will receive credit for the missed lesson. If a teacher cancels a lesson, the teacher will notify the student and will be responsible for scheduling a make-up lesson for the cancelled lesson.
If a student misses lessons for more than two weeks in a row without contacting the store, their student will forfeit their lesson slot. The student is required to pay for those missed lessons.
Please call, email or stop by one of our two locations to have a knowledgable sales representative help you with the music lesson process!